So Blizzard has confirmed that they are planning on getting the Galaxy Editor for SCII out during the Beta, and are hoping to get it out before the end of April.
“Yes. We’re still working on the Map Editor and currently working on the publishing system. We intend to release an early version of the editor during the beta so the map-making community can get a head start creating their own maps. This is going to be a stretch for us to pull off, but our hope is to get it out before the end of April.” – Blizz Tech Chat forum post
That link above will lead to a Q&A on the SCII Beta. You can learn lots of interesting facts about Blizzard’s plans for SCII.
– Warp Gate research time increased from 60 seconds to 140 seconds.
– Burrow research time increased from 50 seconds to 100 seconds.
– Burrow research cost increased from 50 Minerals and 50 Vespene Gas to 100 Minerals and 100 Vespene Gas.
– Nydus Worm build time increased from 10 seconds to 20 seconds.
– The delay between attacks has been increased from 0.75 seconds to 0.83 seconds.
– Neural Parasite has been redesigned:
– The limited duration of 10 seconds has been removed.
– Can no longer target air units.
– Cast range decreased from 9 to 7.
– Burrowed Infestor move speed decreased from 1.5 to 1.
– Infestor life decreased from 120 to 90.
– Infestors that are burrowed now have the same threat level as above-ground units for the purposes of automatically acquiring targets.
– Fixed an issue with High graphics settings that could cause particles not to render.